Thank you to everyone who joined us for our recent webinar: Crisis Communications – Planning, Response and Barriers to Success.
In David Kalson’s thought-provoking presentation, he discussed the key elements of creating an effective crisis communications strategy and shared his top 10 list of best practices:
1. Empathize (Be human)
2. Train and rehearse spokespersons
3. Know and use the principles of Risk Communication
4. Use 3rd-party trusted experts
5. Focus on employees, your most important stakeholder group 4. Use 3rd-party trusted experts
6. Integrate social media. Have a social media policy 7. Tell your story first, fast and honestly
8. Build a strong brand
9. Identify specific most likely/highest impact crisis scenarios and develop scenario-specific plans
10. Have a Crisis Communications Plan that’s integrated with your operational Crisis Plan
If you missed the webinar, you can view the recording here.